Create a Cool Ghetto Silver Bling Text Style in Photoshop
This tutorial will show you in simple steps how to create a ghetto bling text style in Photoshop. You can add his effect to a logo, item or any text, as will be shown bleow.
01. Open a new document, fill it with any background color, select the Type tool and write your text. Keep in mind that the text shouldn’t be very thin or it’d be hard to add the effect due to lack of room.
02. No go in the menu to Layer > Layer Style > Gradient Overlay and add a grey – white – gray gradient on your text. Don’t press the Ok button yet.
03. Move to Outer Glow tab and add a normal black outer glow to your text to represent the shadow. If you have a white background, then you should skip this step and just press Ok or keep the shadow at minimum and with less Opacity. Press Ok.
04. Now Ctrl (Command) + Click the thumbnail of your text layer to create a selection around the text.
05. While the selection still on, move to the menu under Select > Modify > Contract, there insert something between 2-4 depending on your text boldness. Press Ok. Now you have a selection a bit more inside of your text. Keep the selection on and, again, go to the menu Layer > New > Layer to create a new layer. Then take the color white and fill the selection with white.
06. To add that blingy texture, go to Filter > Noise > Add noise. Set the values below and press Ok. Repeat this one more time.
07. To make the texture smoother, go to Filter > Stylize > Emboss and add the values shown below. Press Ok.
08. After using the Emboss, the texture color will darken a bit. To make it light, go to Image > Adjustments > Brightness and Contrast and raise the Brightness value. Press Ok.
09. The last step is to give the texture some height. Go to Layer > Layer Style > Inner Shadow and add a very small white shadow. Then move to Drop shadow, and again, add a very small black shadow under the texture. Press Ok.
10. And your bling effect is done! You can also try this with golden colors.